Thursday, May 29, 2014

Fabulous Five!

Thursday morning, May 29th, finally arrived! Skyler woke you extra early, ran down the hallway, screaming I'm 5.....I'm 5! Just ten hours prior, the Princess told me while before our prayers and goodnight smooch, that this will be the last time I kiss her as a 4 year old. *sigh* 
We began our morning celebrating the Princess' 5th Birthday at Kiwanis. Our club met off site to visit the Pediatrics Center at the Lakeland Regional Medical Center. Such a coincidence that I'd be returning to the exact place, on the same day, just five years later.

My Kiwanis family greeted Skyler with warm hugs and sang that classic Birthday song. She was extra happy to see her favorite Kiwanis sister, Jodi Kusley and her favorite Kiwanis Brother, Dillon Daniels. (see below) Dillon and I have know each other for 29 years and he sponsored me when I joined the Kiwanis family 10 years ago.
The celebration continued at school. Daddy and I provided a pizza party to honor our 5 year old. Everyone had such a great time.
 We even brought Frozen themed cupcakes. 
I was able to snap a quick picture of ALL my girls before we left at Noon. Even Mrs. Maryl (dear friend and school's guidance counselor) popped into the classroom, but snuck out before my Gal picture The boys had no interest in leaving their hot pizza or tasty cupcakes. Ha!
Sky and Ellie insisted on a separate photo op together. These two adore one another and have become such sweet friends.
 The Party Girl in her party dress from Gammey!
We ended the evening at Skyler's choice restaurant, Chili's and enjoyed a wonderful dinner and yummy dessert. Still can not believe our Princess is finally Five. God continues to glorify our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment