Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Exciting Developments!

Ever since Skyler turned 10 months old, our sweetie has been showing many signs of happy behaviors, especially when she sees it brings happy responses from the people she's attached to. I find it amazing that she knows that it pleases us! This affectionate behavior spills over throughout the day.

One of her first, of many, developments is standing up without the use of furniture. Her legs are extremely strong and her balance is quite remarkable. She just uses the floor to push off. Here she is showing her new skill. Pretty great form, if I do say so myself! :)

Another acquired skill, in the affectionate department, involves Skyler patting her chest when we say, "Where's Skyler?" She will then pat my chest when I say, "Where's Mum-Mum?" and she'll do the same to Tom's chest when asking her about Da-Da. This picture below shows her patting her chest when Daddy asked her, "Where is Skyler?" I wish I was quicker on the snap button with my camera, but with it being digital and delayed, I'm always too slow.

Skyler has always flapped her arms in an all-out motion when she gets excited, especially when see sees those familiar faces.....Daddy, Glammey, Papa and Auntie Kevie. Now she actually raises one arm and uses her hand to wave hello! Such remarkable hand skill, especially when we say hello to her, while waving, and she waves back!

Waving Hello!

One of her cutest tricks, is knowing how to turn on the lights in her bedroom. Skyler's crib is close to the light switch and she's figured it out! One morning, I decided to check in on her because she had been sleeping for an extended period of time and I never heard her playing or singing. I went to the door to listen and it was super quiet. I did see flashes of light coming from under the door, so I grabbed my camera and caught her in the act! Once she knew I was taking pictures, she really played it up! See for yourself........the very last picture of this set shows just how proud she is for turning on the lights. lol!

Very rare does our little angel sit still and ever look pensive. She's usually giggling, babbling, etc. I just had to share this next photo of her in deep thought! She's probably wondering what she can get into next!

Tom and I bought her this little musical maker for Easter and she has been composing tunes ever since! Of course, every thing starts off in the mouth.

Speaking of Easter, the Easter bunny brought us a new front door (at least that's what I keep telling Tom) and Skyler loves standing up as she leans on the glass to look out. More Windex will definitely be in our future! I promise to get pictures and post them real soon. In the mean time, her shirt says it all!

Our new front door!

No comments:

Post a Comment