Monday, December 7, 2009

First Gesture

I must share 2 adorable developments that happened over the weekend. Our Skyler started lifting her arms while opening & closing her hands, asking to be picked up! This irresistible gesture was a first! So, with a huge smile and encouraging words asking her to come, she responded by extending her arms again. It was just so sweet and took me by surprise! By the time a baby reaches 7 months, these gesturing skills begin. Looks like we're slightly ahead of schedule.


For the past 3 months, Skyler has loved seeing herself in the mirror. Big smiles always appear. I had her on my lap while downloading pictures from my camera to specific folders. Once I started formatting them, she actually recognized herself on the monitor and broke out into a loud laughter, while clapping. Also, Skyler was definitely testing out new vocal patterns! We certainly had fun flipping through her pictures. She was so amused that I turned into a playful game. Way too cute! Here she is at work, looking at herself on the computer screen then turning to look at me. I snapped a great picture, at the most perfect time. Check out her expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment