Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Mid Week Catch Up

I am still blessed to be able to take Skyler to work with me each day. She is much more active, but we still manage to get all our work done and have time to play. Skyler loves the computer keyboard and always wants to help me type, so I gave her the spare one and without hesitation, she quickly began pounding away. Perhaps after a few months, she'll be able to help out and type up proposals and contracts! haha....

We, or I should be honest and say I, survived the 6 month check up with Dr. Eanett. This past Monday, Tom and I took Skyler to see her pediatrician. After her physical examination, she had another round of immunizations, plus the H1N1 and the common flu shot. 5 total shots, plus one oral! She didn't start crying until the 3rd one. Once she was able to snuggle up in my arms, she stopped crying immediately and quickly started playing with the stickers given to her from the nurse. Once Daddy consoled me, we all walked out of the clinic with big smiles. Our baby girl is very healthy. She weighs 16 pounds (average) and is 26 1/2 inches long! (above average) Dr. Eanett applauded her personality and happiness. I still can't get over the fact that I've been a Mummy for half a year. My, how time flies! Anyway, once we got home, Skyler ate her dinner and napped in the comfort of her Daddy's lap. (see below)

Tuesdays are always Fundays, because Skyler gets to see her Papa and spend the entire day with Glammey. She loves her Glammey and just feasts on all the attention. Also, she certainly is not shy when she sees a camera!

Yeah, it's Tuesday!

Skyler's skills and the desire to use them are growing by leaps and bounds. Of course she is smiling, waving, babbling, and entertaining anyone in her orbit. She isn't ready to form words, but she happily practices making lots of sounds, imitating what she hears. She can bear weight on her legs when I hold her upright, as you saw in the Thanksgiving pictures. She just loves to clap and reach out for hugs. Here are some photos I took this morning. Happy Hump Day from the Happy Baby! Enjoy......

Singing, La-La-La-La.

Showing off her hugging & clapping skills

Big smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment