Thursday, February 4, 2010

Sharing

Defining true friendship is like trying to bottle up sunshine. We know it's there, we feel it's warmth, yet we can not hold it. All we can do is embrace the feeling and enjoy the comfort that it brings us.

One week ago today, Skyler and I went to visit a dear friend who I met many years ago through Kiwanis. Our special friendship was strengthened during the Lakeland High School Football season. You all know her as Miss Helen and have seen her multiple times on my blog. She brings much joy to Skyler's life and keeps in contact with us weekly. Thank you, Miss Helen, for sharing a friendship with us! The love you show my daughter touches my heart deeply.

Before leaving, Helen gave Skyler a toy to help develop her hand/eye coordination and thought process. She has been enjoying it ever since I brought it home.

Skyler and her new toy from Miss Helen.

Speaking of sharing, Skyler is at that stage were she'll remove a toy from her mouth and try to place it on your lips. Within a few seconds, she'll take it back to her lips and start the process all over again! It is just too, too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment