Monday, May 16, 2011

The Great Escape!

It was bound to happen. We've been told to be on the look out from family, friends and even those toddler books. I just didn't expect it before the Princess turned TWO! Let me set the stage.....It was 7:35 this morning and I'm on the computer doing my pest control gig when all of a sudden I hear "Papa-Papa". My first thought was that Skyler was awake, playing in her crib, but that sweet voice was too close to my ears. I turned around and there she was! Standing in the kitchen, grinning from ear to ear. My mouth dropped. She did it.....she climbed out of her crib, opened her door and greeted me on her terms!

After my morning kiss, I grabbed my camera, placed her back in the crib & asked her to show me how she got out. Pictures are priceless.....

She even turns herself around before the landing....

And there ya have it.....

FREEDOM!!!!

After sharing the morning shocker with her Daddy, we decided it was time to buy her a bed. We've been eyeing the DaVinci Sleigh Toddler bed for a few months and today I pulled the trigger. We ordered it in "Ebony" to keep the black, red & light mint green theme going until she starts kindergarten.

I still can't believe it. My baby has out grown her crib. As I sat with her during breakfast, I teared up as I reminisced about all those times I held her close while singing her a lullaby before placing her in the crib & those numerous times I would rest my hand-n-chin on her rail and watch her sleep, while touching her cheek. Today was a big eye opener. Skyler is no longer a baby....she's a little girl. Our precious toddler. Here's to making new bed time memories in her sleigh bed!

1 comment: