Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Papa's Pride

I am a proud daughter who values the strong, comfortable relationship with her Dad. There's something magical about being Daddy's little girl and I know as Skyler gets older, she will treasure and truly embrace a wonderful relationship with her Daddy, just like I have over the past 40+ years.

Now, most of you all know my Daddy, the tough, Harley-loving, Florida Gator fan who has an avid taste for golf. My Dad, Pete, has always been a hard working, devoted family man.........a father who never wore his emotions on his sleeve, yet you just knew how much he loved you through his own quirky ways. Jack-of-all-trades, he could fix anything from a broken bicycle to the most terrifying bad dreams! Just ask my two sisters. We certainly could share some fun stories.

Seeing him with my daughter just tugs at my heart. He's become this big softy. I get so moved watching the bond form between Skyler and my parents. She is the first grandchild in the "Green" family and needless to say, she's the love of her Grandparent's life!

My Father and his band were invited to play the Bagpipes at the funeral of Tampa's fallen police officer, Cpl. Mike Roberts, who was killed in the line of duty last week. These pictures were taken moments before my Dad left Lakeland yesterday.

Thank you, Dad, for being there and for being such a wonderful part of Skyler's life. You were more then essential in my life as I was growing up. You were a beacon of truthfulness, common sense, kindness and silent courage. All traits that shall be past on to my child.

2 comments:

  1. What a touching tribute to your dad. These are wonderful pictures of them together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page of your blog ... honoring 3 generations and seeing such a proud grandpa. I enjoy Pete when I see him and your comments are a genuine tribute. Thanks for sharing this page!

    ReplyDelete