Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Half A Year!

Sweet 6 Months!

Can you believe it? Our sweet, smiling Skyler turned a half a year old today! My precious daughter is just growing rapidly before my very own eyes. I'm constantly being told by my friends to treasure these months and I promise you all that I soak up every ounce of her. Funny how my lipstick never stays on very long! Thought I'd reminisce and have you all walk down Memory Lane with me. Here's our heart stealer, Skyler, just minutes after she was born..........

Skyler's motor skills are fine tuned. As you all know, she started holding her own bottle months ago and is now grasping her spoon. She'll scoot across the floor, can entertain herself, mimic actions from others (especially clapping) and now she has started to demonstrate strong feelings of affection. Talk about melting your heart. The next few pictures show her scooting, playing and gripping her spoon.

These past four days off from work have been wonderful! It's been great giving Skyler an extra abundance amount of attention over this Thanksgiving holiday. We have played gobs of games....her favorite being peek-a-boo and also her activity blocks. She truly shows tons of enthusiasm. I do feel fortunate that we can provide her with a rich, stimulating environment. This little girl stays happy!


Tomorrow, we have an appointment with her pediatrician, Dr. Eanett, for her six month check up. Shots are definitely included, along with her weight and height measurements. She's certainly grown. For a 6 month old baby, she's wearing 9 month old pants.....long legs indeed! I want to share these next two pictures demonstrating her long reach. Auntie Cheryl & Uncle Charles bought this musical swing and it gets used daily. This is the first time Miss Sunshine could actually touch the mobile........

Our weekend could never be complete without mentioning Dreadnaught Football! Skyler and I bundled up and braved the cold weather to join 4500 fans at Bryant Stadium this past Friday night.

Lakeland dominated and defeated the Kissimmee Osceola Kowboys 30-14 and will travel to Orange Park next week for a Class 5A regional final. Although it was 51 degrees, Skyler did quite well for her first time experiencing chilly weather. We had a fun night and Skyler stayed cozy warm with extra help from Miss Helen. (below)

2 comments:

  1. Happy 6 month birthday to baby Skyler. She is growing up so fast, but each age brings new joys.
    Give her hugs from us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just soooooo beautiful!! It looks like she has her Great-grandmother Green eyes (her Granddad Green eyes too)...very, very ice blue colour...just so beautiful! In some pictures she looks just like her dad, Tom and then I see her Auntie Cheryl in a lot of them too.

    I am so blessed to have her as my niece!!!

    Thanks for sharing her photos with us.

    ReplyDelete