Friday, July 8, 2011

Reflection

As I reflect on this past week, I was filled with numerous emotions. Partly because of the disappointment from the Casey Anthony verdict. Skyler witnessed me crying and responded to my emotion by actually coming to my side and repeated, "Mummy, no cry. Be happy!" a few times. Talk about grabbing her into a bear hug! It was wonderful, not only because she recognizes emotion, but she showed concern. Amazing!
Speaking of amazing, the Princess now knows every Mickey Mouse character by name. She has a Mickey Mouse & Minnie Mouse to hug on, but enjoys all the characters in the Mouse universe, especially Goofy! Barney is still a favorite, in fact.........history took place this Wednesday during my emotional roller coaster. Sky walked up to me and sang the first three lines of the Barney Song! It put such a huge smile on my face to hear that sweet voice sing, "I love you. You love me. We're a happy Family." Isn't that the coolest? Daddy & I think she's just so smart, so bright.
Skyler continues to love Jesus and prays before each meal. She can recite the first two verses, "God is good, God is great" and then she quickly screams, "AMEN!" If you ever ask Skyler who loves her, she'll respond by saying, "Jesus"! Hope you all are smiling this Friday.....I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment