Monday, December 19, 2011

Hello, Santa Claus!

Skyler's visit with Santa finally arrived tonight. I wish I had the words to capture her excitement or even ours! She talked about him all day today and when she finally saw her bearded friend, Skyler said, "Look Mummy, Santa's very happy."

Before sitting on his lap, Santa talked to Skyler about Christmas and then asked her what she wanted. Our Precious Angel looked into his eyes and said, "Santa, I want Papa to get better." I began to cry and one of Santa's helpers told me that it was the sweetest thing she has ever heard and it made her night.

I was allowed to stand behind the photographer and snap a few personal photos. I also had a great view to watch the two of them engaged in another conversation. You all know our sweet Sky. Never shy and always eager to make a new friend.

After our visit with Santa, we strolled over to the Christmas tree at Lakeside Village. It use to be Skyler's Fountain, but has been transformed into a beautiful, festive tree that echos holiday music and blows out snow.

It's so delightful to watch her dance and clap to the music. I thought I was back at Cousin Jodi's wedding...lol! The tree was even more spectacular once the sun set. It's colored bulbs changed with the rhythm of the music. A magical night indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment