Monday, December 10, 2012

Doing The Most Good

This past weekend, we did some volunteering with my local Kiwanis Club. I feel it's extremely important that we teach Skyler to give back to the community by volunteering willingly and without pay. 
It was my 8th year as a bell ringer for the Salvation Army. Skyler enjoyed helping with the fund raiser that Saturday afternoon. I told the Princess that her bell ringing efforts will help change a life for good!  About six hours later, Skyler and Daddy stopped by our local Publix to surprise me with a hug and a donation! 


It's estimated that roughly 3.5 million individuals will help ring the bell this Christmas season. I'm so proud our daughter is apart of this growing "Red Kettle" group. Bringing good people and good causes together is what it's all about! 

No comments:

Post a Comment