Friday, March 7, 2014

Winner Winner!

You've probably heard me mention Highlands Grove Elementary's walk-a-thon over the past few months. The actual event took place in October and I recently blogged about Skyler's rewards, including Patrol for the Day, for the amount of pledges she collected. 

Last Thursday, the 27th, Skyler received her final three rewards. 1) Limousine ride to Steak-n-Shake for a 2) free dinner and 3) a $100 gift card to Target!! It was an exciting day for the Princess and I was blessed to capture all the joy.
 The official notice....
Thirteen students reached the award level of the Limo & Dinner prize. Skyler's sweet friend Ellie, was one of those 13 students, so it was comforting knowing Sky had a pal to share it with. 
Before the students (ranging from PreK to 5th grade) rode in luxury, The top 3 Participants raising the most money in pledges were awarded gift cards to Target. Skyler came in first place raising over $630, earning the $100 top gift card. Her friend Ellie was second in pledges and received a $75 gift card. Third place ($50 gift card) was given to a boy in 4th or 5th grade. Sorry, no picture. I was too excited for Ellie & Sky.
The girls then gathered with the rest of the award recipients in the school office before the grand event. 
 They divide the students into two groups and Skyler's went first.
 Holding Ellie's hand....


The first statement out of Sky's mouth was, "Wow Mommy, it's so big and it has a couch in here!" Just look at her face.....pure excitement!
 I waved goodbye and then followed behind. 
 The girls placed their orders....
And waited for the second group to arrive. Coloring and laughter were abundant. They even got to order a famous shake! Sky chose the M & M's one! 

I sat at a separate table with another Mommy and just beamed with joy for what Skyler was experiencing. She even came over to my table to check on me to make sure I was doing alright. Such a sweetie. How blessed am I?

After a wonderful dinner, it was time to enjoy the limo ride back to school. Skyler had such a pep in her step while singing!
 Girls on a Mission...

 Woo-Hoo!
When I met her back at school, Skyler mentioned that the limo had glasses with cute napkins. Definitely a day to remember. I just loved it for her!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment