Monday, March 31, 2014

Field Day

Field Day is an all day event held at the school for students to compete in competitive sporting events. Obviously, this was our first time participating and the day proved to be nothing but FUN! 
I volunteered throughout the day, but my favorite part was helping Skyler's class. The teacher divided the PreK students into two groups and I just loved my group!
Here are a few pictures of some of the events, starting with Sponge Bob. The children had to race with a sponge to a bucket full of water, soak up their sponge then ran back to the 2nd bucket squeezing as much water from their sponge into the container. Go Skyler, go!


 Sky handed it off to Ellie...
Next came the egg and spoon races. I was very impressed with Skyler's agility and balance. She was the only PreK student who didn't drop the wooden egg.

 Great concentration....

The kids enjoyed the wheel races. Mrs. Fitzsimmons and Miss. Sara gave a quick demonstration. 
 Skyler was paired with her sweet friend Ellie.
 The Princess had a turn....

 Woo-Hoo!

The children got to watch the 5th graders compete in the harder sporting sections. The girls borrowed our sunglasses for this sunny competition. lol 
  One of Skyler's favorite parts of Field Day was seeing Mrs. Maryl.
 Sky even got to see our friend and Kiwanian Jim LePere.
 Snack time!

 Our PreK class! It was such an exciting day and the weather was simply beautiful.
Volunteering at the school not only gives me an opportunity to spend more time with Skyler, but I've been blessed to make new friends. Here are my Peeps! :) Did I mention how blessed I am?
Teresa

 Karen
Brandi & Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment