Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Birthday Blessings

Tom celebrated his 47th birthday yesterday! The three of us, (I like saying that) went out for dinner to The Texas Cattle Company and then came home to birthday cake and lovely cards/gifts. It was Tom's first birthday being a Daddy and you could see the happiness in his eyes as he held Skyler in her "I Love Daddy" outfit, while she sported a birthday hat.....all in his honor!


Nothing ever prepares you for the love that you have for your child or the unconditional love they have for you. Tom & I both agree that our October birthdays were much richer than ever because of Skyler! Every smile, every giggle continues to melt our hearts a thousand times over.


Below are two celebration pictures of Skyler. Sorry they came out blurry. She was definitely full of energy and extremely wiggly last night.

Party Girl!


(Above) Tom's tasty birthday cake. Cheese cake layered between chocolate cake. In other words, pure unadulterated evil...lol! I was a good girl and passed on a slice due to pre pregnancy weight goals. (Below) Our sweet birthday cards from family and friends!


I've always enjoyed celebrating birthdays.......be it mine or a loved one. I must say this year's was extra special. I'm sure you can all point to the reason why! Tonight we're heading to Lakeland's largest Pumpkin patch. Should be a delightful night, so check back with us. In the mean time, I leave you with this adorable picture taken last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment