Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

We started our weekend at Castle Field on a breezy Friday night rooting on the Lakeland Dreadnaughts! Skyler enjoyed the pre game warm up show with her buddy, Miss Helen, and cheered in her brand new orange outfit from her Auntie Nicola & Uncle Bogie. We cruised past the Ridge Community Bolts 56-12 and Daddy was able to join us at half time.

Skyler & Miss Helen (above) and kisses from Daddy (below).

My dearest friend of 18 years, Micki Caldwell, drove over from Tampa to spend Saturday afternoon with us! Micki is that type of girlfriend who you can depend on for anything. You all know the type I'm talking about. Through highs and lows, smiles or tears, secrets locked away in an armored vault......yeah, that type of awesome friend. She's been with me every step of the way and I'm just so darn lucky she's mine! Anyway, we had a great visit and Skyler definitely loved all Micki's hugs and kisses! Below are some lovely pictures from our day.

Before the Steelers kicked off on Sunday, Skyler spent play time with our Westie, Laney. She just loves her squeaky doggie toys and watching the two of them together is adorable. I'm sure Laney wonders why little Skyler can not play throw-n-catch, yet. Perhaps that explains why Laney just keeps bringing more toys over to her! I captured a few shots for your enjoyment.

It was a triple victory weekend, thanks to the Naughts, the Gators and my beloved Steelers! I just have to share two of the cutest outfits ever (below). Our wonderful friend, Linda Piney, bought these for Skyler. I know it was tough purchasing the Gator outfit, because she's a die hard Penn State fan! Now, the Steeler dress was a walk in the park. Linda just loves Steeler Football. In fact, when I was pregnant, we watched Super Bowl XLIII and squeezed the heck out of each other when Big Ben threw the game winning touchdown with only 35 seconds remaining! We still chuckle wondering how I didn't go into labor that night! Ohhhh, those fun memories....

Today is Tom's birthday, so be sure to check back tomorrow night for a Daddy/Daughter post! Isn't this the greatest birthday cake? lol..... No, I did not serve this to my hubby. It probably would have ended up in my face........yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment