Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Reunited!

The Mother-Daughter relationship is at the core of every woman's physical and emotional health. I'm proud to say that my relationship with my Mum is quite close and very vibrant. She's also my dearest friend. The Lord blessed me with a mother who gives of herself unselfishly. You know the type I'm talking about......She gives of her time, her patience and her love. I look forward to developing that type of relationship with my daughter. Since Skyler's birth, my Mum, a.k.a. Glammey, had seen her every week, until that dreaded day on September 22nd.


Each year, my parents travel for a month to Cancun, Mexico and I always choke up saying goodbye. Heck, you're hearing from a daughter who still sees her parents weekly and even chats like a school girl over the phone to her mother. Anyway, it was especially hard for my Mum to say farewell this year. I watched from a distance as Glammey spent her final minutes with Skyler. It got me so emotional, but I kept reminding myself that they would return safely in our arms on October 27th.


Well, that was yesterday and Skyler was brimming with curiosity (thanks to all the gifts), enthusiasm and joy when she was reunited with her Grandparents....especially Glammey!

As I mentioned in an earlier blog, Skyler loves being outdoors. During the work day, I take her outside for a good 30 minutes. She loves the American Flag that I have hanging outside my office. When the flag is flapping on a windy day, little Miss Sky is totally fixated. Below are three pictures of outdoor time!



I'm convinced that Grandmothers and Roses are much the same. Each are God's masterpieces with different names! Welcome home, Glammey & Papa! You were greatly missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment