Saturday, November 14, 2009

Final Game

Daddy & Skyler relaxing at home before the game. I made her shirt. Aint it cute?

Over TEN THOUSAND football fans last night! Yes, make no mistake......I'm talking about high school!! Lakeland Dreadnaught Football that is!

Skyler and I caravand with our great friends, The Knowles', to be apart of the largest crowd ever at Bryant Stadium. Last game of the season...Huge rivalry...Dreadnaughts vs the Kathleen Red Devils. How ironic to be playing them on Friday the 13th!

We arrived an hour early and Skyler quickly found her way into the loving and warm arms of Miss Helen.

Once the game started, Skyler became edgy and uncomfortable. By the end of the 3rd quarter, I just had to take her to the car and get her settled. She quickly passed out in my lap as I listened to the game on the radio. She never napped that Friday afternoon, so I'm sure that played apart in her demeanor, along with the massive crowd. Or perhaps, Friday the 13th? lol.. Skyler has been such a champ at these football games. Guess it just wasn't her night.

With less then 60 seconds to play, the game was tied 21-21. Our running back raced 68 yards on a screen play for the winning touchdown. The crowd went crazy as I could hear the jubilation from the parking lot. Game over 28-21! *whew* Undefeated season! 10-0. Playoffs, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment