Monday, August 29, 2011

Praying For Papa!

We began our week by attending a lovely church service and meeting our Pastor afterwards for a special prayer for my dear Dad, Pete. Later that Sunday afternoon, my Pastor's wife, Kathy, called to pray with us again. When you mention Jesus around our home, it sends Skyler into a happy dance! She really does enjoy going to church and we certainly feel very loved!

Today, Skyler & I surprised Gammey & Papa at their home. We also helped sneak in a very special visitor. Auntie Cheryl's Pastor, Brother Green, flew from Tennessee to pray with my parents and to read scripture.

The Princess has not seen her Grandparents since leaving the Family Reunion, two weeks ago and she just couldn't stop her excitement, even in the elevator! Although my Dad is in a lot of pain and still has his ear bandaged up, he too, was all smiles!

Brother Green could only stay two hours because of his flight schedule, but it was a glorious two hours! My parents were shocked to say the least. You see, when Skyler got out of the car, my Mum & Dad were in their garage and she immediately ran to them, providing a great distraction. This gave Brother Green & I the opportunity to just walk arm in arm undetected as I said, "Hi!" When my parents looked up, their face expressions were priceless. (I just wish I would have had my camera ready) My mother broke into tears and my Dad fell to his knees. Brother Green replied in his sweet country accent, "Hi. I just wanted to stop by and pray for you!"

Words can not express the love Brother Green has for my family. He is a true warrior for Christ! I also want to thank my many, many friends and loving extended family for their constant prayers and support. I am asking each one of you to please say a special prayer at 2:30PM, tomorrow (Tuesday). Please pray asking God to give the doctors wisdom as they perform the four hour surgery and also pray for my father's strength and a quick recovery. I look forward to reporting back real soon that my Dad is cancer free. God is good in ALL ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment