Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Welcome Sunshine!

By Tuesday, the rain finally ceased and Mr Sun appeared. Although the temperatures stayed in the thirties, it didn't stop the girls from going into town for a day of fun. 
First stop was breakfast at Cleveland's famous Jenkins Restaurant & Deli. It's always been one of my favorites while visiting, so I'm glad the Princess got to return.

It's been exactly six months since Papa's tree dedication and Gammey, Auntie Chez and  Skyler took Miss Carol to see the wonderful tribute to such an amazing Husband, Father & of course, the best Papa ever! Sky was very excited to go back and see Papa's tree.
Although Winter is approaching, there were still a few leaves left on the branches. Here's the Princess looking at the plaque that was placed over the summer.


A day in town always means a day of shopping...something our Sweetie enjoys anytime or anywhere! They started off at the beauty salon store to stock up on those professional products.

The girls made a stop at the grocery store and I believe Skyler was loving her pint size grocery buggy. What a super idea & I sure wish they had those at our local Publix. They grabbed a few items so they could make Auntie Chez and Uncle Charles a lovely dinner.

Always the helper..... 
Lunch was enjoyed at Chick-fil-A. Not sure what Sky liked the best. The delicious french fries or the warm indoor playground. She certainly had fun!



Each day, Sky likes to visit her Uncle Charles at his Barber shop and love on the dogs at the same time!


On a side note...My phone rang yesterday and my Mum's name appeared on the screen. To my surprise after answering it, I heard this sweet, lovely voice say, "Hi, Mummy"! My heart fluttered! Skyler and I had such a wonderful conversation. She was telling me everything that she was doing and she ended the chat by saying, "I love you, Mummy...I'll see you next week!" I couldn't believe I was speaking to a 3 year old. Her vocabulary continues to thrive and even Miss Carol commented on how amazed she is regarding Sky's communication skills are. The Princess will definitely talk your ear off and thank goodness you don't have to ask her to repeat herself! She speaks so clear and so precise. A blessing, because we'd never have an opportunity to get a word in. lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment