Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Remembering Papa

One year ago this month (January 13th at 2:25PM to be exact), my Daddy left his earthly home and entered HIS Heavenly Kingdom. The days have certainly been long, but the year has been quite fast. Never has a full hour gone by, where I've not been flooded by fond memories of such a devoted, loving father who was my very best friend!

I would like to share this beautiful (pictured above) Newsletter that my sister, Cheryl, wrote, edited and designed for her church in Tennessee. She actually writes the Church Newsletter monthly, but January's edition is quite special because it honors Skyler's Papa and features child-like faith. The front page reads as follows.....

A Child-like Faith

A year ago this month, my Dad passed away and journeyed to his heavenly home where he's spending eternity with Jesus Christ. Given specific instructions from Pastor Green, I'm confident my Dad is waiting for us at the second tree on the right.

A few days after her Papa's death, my two year old niece told her mother, "Papa is happy and his ear is better." Stunned by this remarkable news from such a little person, my sister asked her daughter how she knew this Skyler replied, "Papa is here."

{I scanned page 2, below, which I hope you find easily legible}

As mentioned in the Newsletter above, Skyler is constantly sharing stories regarding her conversations with Papa and they are truly remarkable. Events that she shouldn't even know about, she has so lovingly shared. 

My Daddy's one year anniversary fell on a Sunday, so I asked Skyler if she would like to wear anything extra special to church honoring her Papa. She quickly replied, "Yes! I want to wear a blue and yellow dress." I kindly asked her why blue and yellow and she simply stated, "Blue for Papa's eyes and yellow for Jesus' gates." 

I proudly present the Princess dressed especially for her Papa...
After church, Sky changed into play clothes but expressed her desire to continue to wear blue and yellow. Her wish was my command! My sweet girls below.
I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your continued love and support during this past year. Not only am I blessed with your friendship, but I'm deeply honored for you caring about my Daddy, Peter L. Green. He was so much to so many.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your dad. Thanks for sharing this with us.
    Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryl, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a beautiful comment. I am so happy you enjoyed the post. I'll never forget you being there for my family during our loss! Your friendship is a true blessing and we love you!

    ReplyDelete