Saturday, February 9, 2013

Kiwanis Pancake Festival

My Kiwanis Club held it's 55th Annual Pancake Festival today. The weather was gorgeous as we plan to serve over 8000 citizens from 7AM-5PM. This has always been one of the Princess' favorite fund raisers. She has now attended four straight and it was actually Daddy's first!

Many of you know that I've been Secretary of the Citrus Center Kiwanis Club for seven years and produce a weekly newsletter. We have a fabulous club and I just love all our members. The Princess has been attending Kiwanis meetings since she was 4 weeks old and the club members adore her! 

 
We grabbed our tickets and arrived around 9:30. Before enjoying the all you can eat pancakes and sausages, Skyler wanted to visit one of her favorite Kiwanians and friends, Z Milton.
I then took her on the "behind the scenes" tour starting with the sausage griddles. Here she is talking to Daddy's boss, John Small. (Yeap, he's a Kiwanian,too)
Then we popped over to the batter room, where my wonderful high school Key Clubbers were keeping busy.

I introduced Sky to more of my High School Key Club members who were working the dining room area.
After the tour, our appetites were raging, so it was off to the main tent for some hot delicious pancakes! Skyler wanted "Z-Z" to make hers!
Caution, Yumminess ahead!


After our late breakfast, we enjoyed more of the fesitivites like the plant sales, the Lakeland Police Department Exhibit and music from our local radio station, 97 Country.
 Skyler definitely enjoyed dancing to the tunes....



 It was back inside to watch my fellow club members grill some pancakes.
Some of my favorite Kiwanis men.....
(Hunt, John, Tom, George and Merritt)
 Flipping jacks and pleasing the massive crowds!
It was finally time to head home, so Sky made her rounds and said goodbye. It was a grand day and definitely a popluar community get-together! Can't wait to get the final numbers tomorrow so I can write about it in Monday's newsletter. I'm expecting that we flipped over 26,000 pancakes!  

No comments:

Post a Comment