Monday, February 18, 2013

Rides & All Things Fried!

Skyler experienced her 1st State Fair last week and boy was it a fun night! Games, shows, rides, live entertainment and plenty of food awaited us on a warm Tuesday evening in Tampa. With our tickets in hand, we were ready for fun.....

Sky loved all the bright neon colors from the rides and was eager to take a whirl on the Ferris Wheel for the very first time. With no fear of heights, this definitely became her favorite ride! She even stood up to take in all the sights. 

The Princess kept repeating over and over again, "I love this!" Did I mention the smile beaming from ear to ear?



Our view.....
We took in all the sights, smells and food oddities for over two hours. Skyler had a lot of fun enjoying more rides. The Florida State Fair has been around since 1904 and this was only my second visit. Since Sky is a Fair lover, I'm certain we'll be making yearly visits. It's less than a 30 minute ride from home.
Sky was interested in riding the Dizzy Dragon, so I sat this one out and let Daddy take my place. Of course the Princess chose a Pink dragon! 





Sky saw the battery operated bumper boats and was eager to get behind the wheel. 



We even went to the exotic petting area and Sky had a blast feeing carrots to the giraffes.

I mentioned food oddities and if you can fry it then you can eat it. At least that's the unofficial motto of State Fair food. I've never seen so many fried concotions! We stayed on the mild side and dipped our taste buds into Wisconsin Fried Cheese, Funnel Cakes (a fair must have) and the original hot dog.


We sure left with big smiles and full tummies. I think we started another Short tradition....visiting the Florida State Fair each year!



No comments:

Post a Comment