Saturday, January 22, 2011

Doodle Dandy

Skyler has been enjoying pencils and crayons for quite some time. Her vertical & horizontal lines may seem simple, but it's a great sign that her development is on track! Drawing involves fine motor skills such as grasping and holding, as well as hand-eye coordination plus imagination.

She holds the objects in her right hand, so I'm assuming we don't have a lefty for a Princess! Drawing brings her so much happiness. Perhaps a budding artist is in the works? Hopefully she'll inherit Auntie Nicola's and Papa's artistic talent!

With that determination (above), I should start introducing finger paints. I think I'll begin with the bath tub paints. I'm certain Skyler would enjoy the sensation of squishy paint between her fingers, plus she'll love the vivid colors. I could boost the fun factor and creative possibilities by offering her a fat paint brush, some chunky stamps, or even a ball she can dip in the paint, then roll across some taped down paper. Oh my gosh....did I just say that? Guess the sky's the limit when it comes to making masterpieces - just need to remember a smock and some drop cloths! lol....This sounds like a fun Tuesday project with Glammey! Oh, I'm so naughty.....

No comments:

Post a Comment