Saturday, June 22, 2013

A Special Tribute II

Last year, Skyler and I started a new Father's Day tradition to honor her Papa and my amazing Daddy by floating balloons up to his Heavenly Kingdom. I choose five balloons to represent the months between January 13th (Dad's eternal life) and June 16th (Father's Day). I picked three  balloons to honor his accomplishments as a wonderful Dad (one for each daughter and the color Green for his last name) The remaining two balloons represented the legacy that will live forever through me and his granddaughter, Skyler.  Last year Sky chose purple, but this year she wanted pink!
We wrote personal messages on each balloon.
 
 
And then we went outside in both the front and back yard to release his special tribute.
 
One by one, we released each balloon and watched it float away.  The Princess kept saying, "I love you, Papa" and "I miss you, Papa". I was blessed to have Tom capture such an emotional yet wonderful tradition. The weather was perfect and I know my Dad was watching with a smile.
 
 
 
 
 
It was such a bitter sweet Sunday. Sweet to watch Tom & Skyler share in such a beautiful love they have for one another. Bitter because this was the second year not being able to create more amazing Father's Day memories with my Daddy. I'm so glad I started this tradition last year. It will forever remain apart of our day on those future 3rd Sunday's in June!

Daddy, will always be my Hero and my first Love. I miss you every single minute of every single day. Happy Father's Day!  Because of your desire to provide all those special gifts to me, I am able to share these delightful memories each day to Skyler.

No comments:

Post a Comment