Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Hunting the Bear

On April 11th, Skyler and her PreK class got to on an adventurous Bear Hunt with their teacher and because I volunteered to help, I got to witness all the cuteness that beautiful Friday morning!  Going on any kind of hike requires a back pack and there's nothing better than a homemade sack! Skyler drew a map of the places she planned to travel. Through tall grass, river, mud, forest and snow, and finally the tent to capture their bear.
It was mandatory that everyone's attire for the hunt included shorts and flip flops. YES, I said shorts, something the Princess is not fond of. Seven days prior to the "Hunt", I would talk to Skyler all about the upcoming event and mention shorts. When the actual day arrived, I said a prayer and not only was Sky okay with the attire, but no tears were shed. I did tell her that know she can start wearing all beautiful shorts in her closet. She just gave me that look and said, "Only today, Mummy!"  
 All ready!

She even made her binoculars! 
 Marching to the tall grass....

 Let the fun begin.....

 Next came the River, aka tubs of water....


 Mud time.....



 Into the forest....
Sorry I have no pictures of the snow since it was my duty to throw cotton balls as the children walked through the "blizzard". Into the tent to seize their bear.

Skyler loved showing her class mates her bear from Auntie Nic and Uncle Bogie. She said it looked real!
After the students retrieved their bears, Mrs. Fitzsimmons jumped out with a massive brown bear and chased the children back through the snow storm, forest, mud, water and tall grass until they reached the classroom before enjoying a picnic. Laughter could be heard for miles! Such joy!!!



 Sky and Ava, who is an absolute Precious girl!
 Lunch time!
 My sweeties....
 This little girl, Ava, shares her love with me each and every day. She also gives great hugs!
 Now for my favorite little bear hunter.....

No comments:

Post a Comment