Friday, April 25, 2014

Papa's Day!

To many, April 15th symbolizes Uncle Sam and those dreaded taxes....Not in our family!! April 15th is all about Papa and his Birthday celebration. We rejoiced in his 76th Birthday. The Princess requested pink cupcakes and purple party hats. 
Since my Daddy entered God's glorious Kingdom before his 74th Birthday in 2012, Skyler and I have always thrown a little party in his honor and will continue to do so.
We sang Happy Birthday loud and proud and then Sky blew out the candle.
 Woo-Hoo!
I am certain those bag pipes were blaring loud and a grand gala was had by all!
One of my dear friends and Kiwanis brothers/club Treasurer, Richard Sellers, also shares the SAME birthday with Papa. It was tradition that I always bought my Daddy his favorite bottle of scotch. Since his passing, I have continued to make that April 15th purchase, but I present it to Richard. It also happens to be his favorite evening spirit! Anyway, Richard liked my Dad very much and I was so honored when he sent me this photo taken that Tuesday evening, the 15th. He set a glass out for my father and toasted to a remarkable man!
Me & Richard.......

No comments:

Post a Comment