Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Giving Back

At the tiny age of four weeks, Skyler has been my greatest and by far, the best volunteer partner! She's been taught very early in life to always give back to her community. She attends Kiwanis and my many civic events and will be the first to tell you that, "A community can not exist without Volunteers!"

The day before Easter, we had the opportunity to support a local Fire Rescue Worker's fundraiser for Robin White's son who was paralyzed in a gymnastics accident. Before the South Lakeland event started, we enjoyed a few hours at the Library, which is usually a Sunday routine, but because of the holiday, we came a day early. Sky donated many of her gently used books and then we dove into reading.....one of our favorite pastimes.

Every week, my Princess draws me a beautiful picture before we check out our books and I just have to share her latest masterpiece. Doesn't it make you smile? So blessed to have such a happy and caring little girl.
By Noon, we arrived at the fundraiser and enjoyed many activities and lunch. We even got to spend time with my Kiwanis Brother and my K sponsor, Dillon Daniels. Dillon and I have been friends for over twenty five years and he's a huge Skyler fan, especially Thursday mornings! 

 Lunch time....
Skyler enjoyed watching the helicopter land and touring the fire truck. I think her favorite part was putting her own money (from allowances) in the donation bucket. She sported a huge smile!

 *WoW*

She loved the many seats and climbing the steps into the truck. Such a great Saturday indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment