Monday, February 7, 2011

By My Side

The Super Bowl is definitely the most hyped sporting event in America. I'd be lying if I told you I didn't spend most of my free late evenings analyzing every aspect of the match up, but in last night's game, it wasn't very complicated at all. Sometimes, it comes down to one of the most fundamental aspects of the sport....teams that turn the ball over in really big games rarely win. Our Steelers turned it over three times, without compensating with some takeaways of their own. We had no chance and walked away with a 31-25 defeat. Yeah, it stung but felt much different from Super Bowl XXX 27-17 loss against Dallas, were I actually cried for days.

Having a life full of so many blessings softens any disappointments. Hearing Skyler say 'Mummy' and asking sweetly for kisses & hugs strengthens life's real importances. Watching my special miracle dance during the half time show and even a Cheese Head Daddy can capture the brightness of one's day! (making me smile for sure & just keeping it real) I believe family is most definitely central in God's plan of happiness and I certainly have that! Far better than any Super Bowl Victory!

Skyler just wasn't sure Daddy was under that Polamalu disguise!

No comments:

Post a Comment