Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Papa's Party!

The Princess, along with Daddy and I, celebrated Papa's 75th birthday last night! Sky even wore her Belle costume for the special occasion.
Prior to the grand traditional event, Skyler informed me that Papa wanted cupcakes this year, so after school, we visited our favorite Publix bakery. Sky insisted on blue frosting because she said it matches Papa's eyes and hers too! 
The ladies at Publix have come to know Skyler quite well over the past few years. Our sweetie was excited to tell them all about Papa's birthday party. They let Sky choose the cupcake toppings and boy did she have many to choose from! She picked out a miniature plastic #1 hand and a purple butterfly. When asked why, she simply stated that Papa was #1 and he had wings like a butterfly.
We sang Happy Birthday, blew out the candle and enjoyed some cupcakes!


 Happy 75th Birthday, Papa!



Skyler colored a picture and even signed it for her Papa. 
I continue to uphold my Daddy's memory each day with my daughter. Never does a day slip by without me sharing a story to the Princess of her beloved Papa. We miss him dearly, but Skyler continues to remind me that Jesus is coming and we will all be together again!  

If Papa was here, I know he would say, "Damn, I look good at 75!"

No comments:

Post a Comment