Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day #2 of PreK

Another jubilant day for the Princess! Skyler was pretty much dancing out the door for day#2, just like she was in this picture below :)
Sky definitely enjoyed her 2nd school day. Daddy picked her up and once she got home, she quickly got out her home-to-school binder to show me her homework assignment. Little Miss Eager and I got straight to work! We spent an hour playing the alpha mat (below) and reviewing vocabulary words. Sky breezed through the exercise and had fun at the same time. We continued the exercise over and over and over again, because it's my job to foster a positive learning environment. After all, I was blessed to have interactive parents and boy did I love school! Skyler's learning skills are quite impressive! Not only can she tell you the letter of each object, but she can sound it out. Every time we randomly picked "P", she would remind me that P is for her Papa.
I was excited to receive my very first PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) membership card. My background check came back squeaky clean so I'm can officially start volunteering and get connected to ensure  a positive growing future for Skyler
Each day this week, I will do a small blog, highlighting Skyler's first 5 days. Thank you for all your prayers and phone calls. I appreciate your interest during this transition. I'm still undecided who's more excited...Sky or Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment