Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First Day of PreK!

What a GRAND Day!
The BIG day at the NEW school finally arrived and the Princess was overfilled with excitement. In fact, she came into our bedroom at 4AM yesterday morning, asking if it was time to see Mrs. Fitzsimmons. :)

To celebrate the special day, Daddy and I bought her some new school dresses. Skyler is still all girl and does not like to wear shorts. She surprisingly choose the blue dress for day #1!

My heart did a little happy dance knowing that Skyler gets to share her beautiful heart and mind with new children.
It was so touching to see Daddy and his little girl walk up, hand in hand, to the gates by her classroom.
Waiting for the gates to open at 7:25AM

Besties and school pals....

Skyler quickly found her seat and was ready to begin this new adventure. She looked into my eyes, told me she loved me and with a sweet kiss, I leaned her head onto me and breathed her in. I love that little girl with every bit of my soul. I walked away feeling proud of her independence and confidence. She was ready. She was  r.e.a.d.y.  
I just adore the picture above. I shared it with my Kiwanis family and they all agreed it would be a great "Skyler For President" student government poster!
After last week's orientation, our parent homework involved a group photo and a message for the Princess. Mrs. Fitzsimmons incorporated each little hand while reading the book, The Kissing Hand" A perfect first day story! It's about a little raccoon named Chester ready to start school. He talks to his Mommy about the variety of emotions he is feeling. The Mommy raccoon reminds him that by kissing his hand she will be with him. 

While all the children were in a circle, Mrs. Fitzsimmons spoke to each child about their "kissing" hand. Skyler saw her purple hand (that she picked out during orientation) with our picture on it and enjoyed our message written on the back.


It was a fabulous first day! Although I will miss those afternoons we used to have, just her and I, I know with an end of a new chapter comes a new one and I certainly will be cheering her on. The Sky's the limit for our outgoing preK student and I'm her biggest fan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment