Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thankful~Part II

People all across the nation are especially thankful over the Thanksgiving holiday and as Americans, we have much to be thankful for....Freedom and the right to worship our Lord and Savior, just to name a few! 

My second post about being thankful is centered around Skyler's teacher, Mrs. Fitzsimmons and the school, Highland Grove Elementary (HGE). I am very proud to be an active member of the PTO and also a Board Member of the school's SAC committee. I have learned so much goodness about HGE and knowing that my daughter will be apart of this awesome school for the next 7 years, makes my involvement that much sweeter! Investing in our daughter's future is one of my top priorities.
The school held a Thanksgiving luncheon and invited all family members. Gammey and I had such a wonderful time and enjoyed a delicious lunch with the Princess. 
Skyler proudly showed of her most current artwork.....Turkey hat, a laminated place mat and a pine cone Turkey! 

Mrs. Fitzsimmons asked each student what they are thankful for and then wrote the five blessings. I was not surprised that Sky mentioned animals. She certainly is a lover for all furry and four legged creatures! 
How blessed we are to have Mrs. Fitzsimmons as Skyler's PreK teacher. She is a fabulous woman who shares her heart with my daughter. While she is teaching my child to read and write and paint and explore all the things you would expect one to learn in PreK, more importantly, she is teaching my child how to be a good person. Mrs. Fitzsimmons models kindness and compassion and instills confidence and strength. She teaches manners and respect and self control and for a Mommy like me, who tackles these positive traits with Tom's help, she is a complete and utter Godsend. Our life is better because of her!

Mrs. Fitzsimmons has imprinted our hearts forgiver, so we wanted to make her a Thanksgiving gift to show our deep appreciation. Instead of using a pine cone, we bought the biggest apple we could find and then used 5 gift cards for feathers. After adding a personal tag, Walla, the Turkey was ready for delivery!   

We picked 5 of Mrs. Fitzsimmons favorite places....Subway, Tropical Smoothie, Panera Bread, Chick-fil-A and Dunkin Donuts. One for each work day! Gobble-Gobble!

The Princess was super excited to give Mrs. Fitzsimmons her gift. Not only was she surprised, but she loved the gift. I asked Skyler why she was thankful to have this extraordinary woman in her life and this is what she said: "She tells me I do good art and letters" & "Because I love her." 

No comments:

Post a Comment