Friday, April 13, 2012

In Loving Memory...

As a mother of an active toddler, there is much excitement to share through Skyler's blog. I'll be quite honest, as a writer whose words seem to flow freely and easily from my heart to my brain to my fingertips on the keyboard, these past three months have been extremely difficult. The loss of my Daddy has been incredibly hard, creating an emptiness that I struggle with daily, hence my absence from this beautiful blog. So I do apologize to you all, yet I also thank each and everyone of you for your love, support and patience during this time.

3 months ago today, I kissed my Daddy for the last time. He was a man full of passion and adventure, loving life and the treasures that life brought him. He asked me to make two promises while nearing his death. That first promise was to take good care of Mum and the second promise was to keep his memory alive with Skyler. I eagerly accepted his request and I told him that those were the two easiest promises I've ever made!

My Daddy's legacy will forever live on not only through me and my sisters, but through his one and only Granddaughter, Skyler Leona. She definitely inherited his magnetic personality, the "I've Never Met A Stranger" attitude and his gorgeous, sparkling blue eyes. Our daughter adored her Papa and talks about him daily. She lets me know that her Papa is with us and I journal her daily talks about him! It's precious & simply amazing and I look forward to sharing.



I created a collage of pictures (shown picture) capturing the sweetest love a Grandfather can have for his Granddaughter. I have placed it on Skyler's bedroom wall right next to her pillow. She starts her days off daily, with tender kisses to her Papa and also ends her day in the exact same way. It's lovely to watch. Skyler is so much like her Papa. Full of passion and adventure. She wraps her arms around me often and softly says, "Mummy, Papa is no longer poorly. He's with Jesus and Papa is very happy!"


It's hard to believe that 3 months ago today I was with him on his final journey on earth and his last words to me were my last words to him. I love you. We all know that Skyler's Papa, Peter L. Green, is happy with the hands of the greatest father of all. Until we meet again, I love you, Daddy. Always have.........always will!


APRIL 15, 1938 - JANUARY 13, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment